Thursday, October 16, 2008

Booking Through Thursday

This week's Booking Through Thursday meme question is, "What tomes are waiting patiently on your shelves?"

I guess if I answer this question then I'll have to admit that there are books that have been languishing for quite some time, pining to be read, that should be read, that have been overlooked for flash-in-the-pan reads.

Okay, here's my confession: Don Quixote, Frankenstein, Dracula, and The Picture of Dorian Gray. I know I should get to these classics, but I've been working on ripping through a number of other books. Seriously, I've read three books this week, that has to count for something, right? Or am I just rationalizing?

I promise that within the next twelve months I'll read all four of the above-referenced works.

7 comments:

Susan said...

You should definitely come back to this in a year and see if you get to them.

I have a lot of classics on my tbr that I will never get rid of, even if I never end up reading them. I can't imagine giving them away :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Our lists are similar and you are brave to commit like thatI did manage Dracula this spring and I loved it. However, I make no promises on the books that I listed. Only that I will read them "sometime." ;o)

SmilingSally said...

Three in one week? I'm impressed.

Sabrina said...

my confession is this:
I have read everything by Steinbeck, and yet i have never read the great american novel, The Grapes of Wrath.
How pathetic.

Marie Cloutier said...

I have Don Quixote sitting around too :-)

Anonymous said...

My list is not that big either, as I try not to just buy and buy unless I know it is something I really want to read.

Anonymous said...

I saw you comment on another blog about not being able to get into "Wicked", I just finished reading it about a week ago. I will say I had a hard time getting into it at first, but I am glad I stuck to it. I am not reading the second book in the series "Son Of A Witch", which is good so far.