Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Teaser Tuesdays

Tuesdays are the days for sharing a snippett of the goodies inside your current read. Typically you let the book fall open and pick a two-sentence quote from somewhere between lines 7 and 12; however, this week I'm reading the graphic novel V for Vendetta, so I'll pick some content from within the top row of frames.

"V: Five years ago, I too came through a night like this, naked under a roaring sky. This night is yours. Seize it. Encircle it within your arms. Bury it in your heart up to the hilt... Become transfixed... Become transfigured... Forever."
This book is pretty much amazing... if you've ever read anything in the dystopic genre (one of my personal favorites), you should expand into graphic novels and take a look at this book.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw the movie which I thought was excellent.

Anonymous said...

I saw the movie and read the graphic novel awhile ago. I loved them both! And there's such a terrifying lesson to learn from the story.

Terri said...

Oh that sounds good. I'm loving graphic novels this year, a new genre for me. I wrote a piece about them in my Sunday Salon post this week. I'll definitely check out this one!

-.- said...

I've always seen the graphic novel at my library, but I've never picked it up for some reason. I'd have to read it before I see the movie.

~ Popin

Wendi said...

I really liked the movie, and I'll bet the book is even better - the movie can't usually quite do as well as your own imagination!

Here's my Teaser!

:) Wendi

Beth F said...

Maybe I'll add a graphic novel to my 2009 list!