Friday, June 5, 2009

48-Hour Book Challenge: The Beginning


This is my official "Starting Line" post for the 4th Annual 48-Hour Book Challenge. It's ever so slightly late, I started at 11:30 p.m. on Friday, June 5, 2009 (which means I'll end at 11:30 p.m. on Sunday, June 7, 2009).

Here are my early plans for the challenge:
1. Get the review of Stotan! by Chris Crutcher up.
2. Finish Guys Write for Guys Read, edited by Jon Scieszka (currently on page 162) and get the review up.
3. Read Hood by Stephen R. Lawhead and get the review up.
4. Read Love is Mix Tape by Rob Sheffield and get the review up.
5. Read The Sunday Philosophy Club (Book 1) by Alexander McCall Smith and get the review up.
6. Read A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving (at least start it).

Known road blocks to 48-hours of continuous reading/blogging/48-hour-challenge-networking (in addition to sleeping, eating, and grooming) is a training session for a camp I work at for abused kids (can't really shirk that), my nephew's baseball game (I'll be there in body, but I'll be reading in the stands as much as is socially acceptable), and church on Sunday morning (again, a must in my book). Other than that, I'll be holed up with my nose in a good read.

Cheers to the other contestants! (With 48 hours of reading, everybody's a winner.)

1 comment:

Carol H Rasco said...

Hope you movin' along and having fun....the Challenge is a great experience for me. I can't believe I had missed to date some of the books I put in my stack for this Challenge. I guess I just needed a strong excuse to say "I MUST read now." I'll stop by again to catch your reviews.....