Monday, March 2, 2009

Read Across America Day

Today, being March 2 (Dr. Seuss' birthday) is Read Across America Day. The fine folks over at 5 Minutes for Books are sponsoring a contest... Post about your favorite books to read as a child and you'll be entered to win one of two sweet T-shirts.

My absolute favorite books to read when I was a youngster were The Baby-Sitters Club series by Ann M. Martin. Truth be told, the first books I read on my own were the Baby-Sitters Little Sisters series by Ann; I got the first one, Karen's Witch, in my Easter basket in 2nd Grade, and my sister got Kristy's Great Idea in her basket. I read all of the little sister books, then moved on to the actual Baby Sitters books, and even read the Super Specials (camp counselors was my favorite!).

I remember when the BSC movie came out, I was in high school and worked at a video store... I rented it. You're never too old for The Baby-Sitters Club.

Post about your childhood reading loves.

1 comment:

Vasilly said...

I loved the BSC as a child. I had the sleeping bag, the books, the game . . .