Monday, September 29, 2008

What Is Your Idea of Greatness?

What is your idea of the most perfect and wonderfully awesome thing ever? Is it reading for 24-hours straight? That's so funny that we'd have that in common, it's mine too.

Luckily for us, the fabulous people at The Hidden Side of a Leaf (aka, Dewey Monster) are hosting the fall 24-hour-read-a-thon on October 18. Woo Hoo, right? Right!

The event begins at noon GMT (for those of you who do not live on the International Date Line, this would be 8:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time) on Saturday, October 18.

I plan to take as many books as I can fit into my bookbag to my local caffeine purveyor (there is a 24-hour Starbucks near me) and read until I can't read any more. The only exceptions to this are: 1) I have my composition class from 9-11:40 a.m. (and there will be some drive time whenst it is unsafe to drive); 2) The Paper Towns book signing event is in the evening, and I'm planning to attend that. However, seeing as how both of those things are in some way related to bookish-ness, I think they count into my tally.

Check out all the details here, and consider signing up. See if you can't get somebody else to help cover commitments that day (kids, pets, etc.) and get your read on. Just think, in 24 hours you could probably finish off that book that you've been complaining that you haven't had time to finish.

2 comments:

The Reader's Quill said...

I'm doing this as well! Seems like good fun!

Anonymous said...

I was here to remind you about the read-a-thon :) But I m glad, that you already remember and are excited about it as much as I am :)

Have fun participating!!
On Oct 18th!

For Read-a-thon
My BLOG