Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I'm Having a Sally Field Moment



Do you all remember that weirdly famous acceptance speech by Sally Field at the Oscars back in, like, 1945? Where she cried like a baby and said, "You like me, you really like me," in the most sickening display of low self-esteem ever known to man? Yeah, so I'm like that.

Booktrash gave me the two awards above (the Prémio Dardos Award for recognition of cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing, and the Butterfly Award, for all-around coolness). I've never received a blog award... how totally sweet is that? (As in awesome that she gave them to me, not in that I'm on the loser-end of blog awards.) I actually tried to think of the last time I got an award, and it might have been at my high school graduation more than a decade ago--I can't remember anything more recent than that.

These stamps were created with the intention of promoting fraternization between bloggers, a way of showing affection and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web.’

Both of these awards are ones to pass on, so I’m also going to hand both of them on to some bloggers:

1. Sabro - Because she's my cybermate (and I've been ignoring her lately because I'm a loser) and she writes super funny stories about the goings-on of her life.
2. Vlachster - Because they rock their Vlachs off (K's write up of K's success in the office management field was genius, and K's pictures of Cambodia were seriously awe-inspring)
3. Twilighter - Where else can one go for the best one-stop Twilight fix?
4. E.B. @ The Reader's Quill - How jealous am I that she got an ARC of City of Glass?

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

Awww thanks!!!!

And you are not a loser, I mean you just won an award! :)

But i do miss seeing you around...
good thing I didn't just publish my latest post, "Why Heather is Dissin' Me!

Thanks lady! :)

Unknown said...

You totally deserve that award! (Especially for the all around coolness ;D)
I think the last time I got an award was, like, never, so this is pretty amazing! ;P
Thank you so very much. ^____^

The Reader's Quill said...

Thanks so much! Let me know what you think of Paper Towns!

Also, CITY OF GLASS IS EPIC BEYOND MEASURE! Can't wait to review it! :)

P.S. Did the bracelet arrive ok?