Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday Finds

I was horrified (simply horrified) that as of 8:50 AM on Friday, September 18, I had zero finds to post. Luckily for all of my intrepid blog readers, I finally checked out the "Short Takes: Fiction" in my email (courtesy of the 5 Minutes for Books blog) and found one book that caught my attention.

The Package Deal: My (Not-So) Glamorous Transition From Single Gal to Instant Mom by Izzy Rose
This book is a memoir of San Francisco singleton Izzy Rose who met a guy (and his attached children) and fell in love and married and followed him to Austin, TX. There aren't a ton of reviews out there for this book yet (only 11 ratings, 9 of which were 3 stars or higher, and 2 reviews on GoodReads.com; and 20 ratings, all 4- or 5-star on Amazon.com), but the reader at 5 Minutes for Books warned that she put the book down because the sex was "coarse." Buyer beware, I guess.

What about you? What did you find this week? Post in the comments or over at Should be Reading.

4 comments:

Ti said...

I am pretty horrified too if I don't have something for Friday Finds. Usually I find way too many books for Friday Finds. The hard part is narrowing them down and I always limit myself to one because my TBR pile is unreal.

gautami tripathy said...

I usually post only one find. Because I only try to showcase the best of what I find.

Friday Find: Maps For Lost Lovers

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I think the book sounds like it could be a good read! I usually only post one find.

Mishel said...

I'm glad you got found something for this week =) I definitely like the sound of this. I'll have to check it out! Thanks