Weekly Feature: Here's the run-down on this week's New York Times' Best Sellers Lists (Online 9/13/2009; Print Version 9/20/2009).
1. Dark Slayer by Christine Feehan ($25.95)
2. Alex Cross’s ‘Trial’ by James Patterson and Richard DiLallo ($27.99)
3. South of Broad by Pat Conroy ($29.95)
Trade Paperback Fiction
1. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger ($14.95)
2. The Shack by William P. Young ($14.99)
3. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson ($14.95)
Mass Market Paperback Fiction
1. Scarpetta by Patricia Cornwell ($9.99)
2. 92 Pacific Boulevard by Debbie Macomber ($7.99)
3. Divine Justice by David Baldacci ($9.99)
Children's Books (Chapter Books)/Young Adult and Middle Grade Fiction
1. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins ($17.99)
2. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins ($17.99)
3. Tricks by Ellen Hopkins ($18.99)
* Hardcover Fiction, enjoy it while it lasts. Next week (and for many weeks to follow, I presume), this list will be owned by Dan Brown.
* Young Adults, did I call it? I did call it, didn't I? I'm such a genius.
* By the by, the summary for Tricks is, "A novel in verse about five teenagers who become prostitutes." Well, what could be better subject matter for poetry that teen prostitution.
Your Thoughts: Go ahead and admit it, you picked up your copy of The Lost Symbol on Tuesday.
A Little What... What - I love Napster credits. Below is my most recent investments (as illustrated via Wordle.net). [image: Wordle: Napster Credits]
6 years ago