Friday, October 9, 2009

Best Sellers (10/09/2009)

Weekly Feature: Here is this week's run-down of the New York Times Best Sellers List (Online 10/04/09; Print Version 10/11/09)



Hardcover Fiction
1. The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
2. An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon
3. The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

Trade Paperback Fiction
1. Say You're One of Them by Uwem Akpan
2. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
3. The Shack by William P. Young

Mass Market Paperback Fiction
1. The Associate by John Grisham
2. Tempt me at Twilight by Lisa Kleypas
3. Scarpetta by Patricia Cornwell

Children's Books (Chapter Books)/Young Adult and Middle Grade Fiction
1. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
2. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
3. The Magician's Elephant by Kate DiCamillo and Yoko Tanaka

My Thoughts:
* Dan Brown: Three weeks at the top of the PW charts (and every other chart) and counting.
* Oprah Winfrey: Uwem Akpan thanks you.
* To check out a review of The Magician's Elephant, click on over to Eva's Book Addiction (a blog highlighted in this week's Weblog Love on Wednesdays feature)

Your Thoughts: Tell me in the comments if my initial prediction of four weeks at the top of the NY Times list for Dan Brown (this is number 2 on the NY Times list for him--even though I missed last week) was too short.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Hunger Games and Catching Fire, I can not wait for book 3 and the movie. :D

Themockingjay.vndv.com

Literature Crazy said...

I didn't know there was a third book in the works. That's good news.