Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Books That Cut You Off From the World


During the BOTNS Podcast #64, Ann discusses the book Things We Didn't See Coming by Steven Amsterdam. She says the book has been likened to The Road (Cormac McCarthy), but, to me, her description (specifically of Section 2) reminded me of The Last Town on Earth (Thomas Mullen). LTOE happens to be a book on my nightstand (literally) that I've been meaning to read for a while. And then I got started thinking about all of the books that have been on my radar (recently read, currently reading, to be read, wish list) that have themes of being cut off from the world (in one way or another) under "mysterious" circumstances:

Gone and Hunger by Michael Grant
Under the Dome by Stephen King
The Maze Runner by James Dashner
Incarceron by Catherine Fisher

So many good books.

All that to say, if any of the above-referenced books (post-apocalyptic or not) have been something you've given a second look to, then give a second glance to Things We Didn't See Coming.

No comments: