Thursday, February 25, 2010

Do You Have a Sickness?

Laura (of Combreviations) does. Read this:

"...This is about people who can't quit any book, even the bad ones. I suffer from this disease! It is frigging terrible! I would love to quit sometimes, but I just. Can't. Toby Lichtig sums it up:
I read the first few pages of a book, I can't quite get into it, but I struggle on until I'm a third of the way through and after that I simply have to reach the final page. It's not exclusive to novels. It's not even just to find out what happens. I think it's more compulsive than that: something to do with being assured that I've actually read the damn thing and not wasted my time on only some of it.
"Seriously, this man is in my head. Please cure me."

To that I say, "Seriously, Laura is in my head. Please cure me."

[Image Source]

1 comment:

joemmama said...

I thought it was just me...maybe we need a support group?