Saturday, June 6, 2009

48-Hour Book Challenge Status Update #2

Time Elapsed: 9 Hours
Reading Completed: 3 Hours

Just thought I'd do a quick update to get the morning going. You'll notice the reading completed hasn't changed since the last update--I didn't read in my sleep. I did think a little bit about the book I'd just finished, Guys Write for Guys Read, while lying in bed (briefly before I conked out), but I don't think that counts into the tally. (Of note, if I maintain a 33% reading to not reading ratio, I'll get 16 hours in. Nice.)

This morning I'm going to get a start on Hood by Stephen Lawhead, which I said last night is a loaner from a coworker. What I failed to mention is that this book is in PRISTINE condition and I'm a little fearful.

I posted here about how I traditionally treat the books I own, which doesn't end with them remaining in PRISTINE condition (library books are obviously an exception, but those are usually hard back). This could be bad. Also, this coworker isn't always full of sunshine--she could bite my head off. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I try to enjoy this book while preserving its condition.

Read all of my 48-Hour-Book-Challenge-related posts here.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

Heather - great progress on the challenge. I'm only 5 hours of reading in, and one book down. I'm posting my progress as a stall tactic. I can't wait to read your review on Love is a Mix Tape - it has been on my radar. Happy reading.