Weekly Feature: Here's a run-down of what's hot at the book stores this week (according to the NY Times lists posted online on 7/10/09, print version 7/17/09):
1. Swimsuit by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro ($27.99)
2. Finger Lickin' Fifteen by Janet Evanovich ($27.95)
3. The Apostle by Brad Thor ($26.99)
Trade Paperback Fiction
1. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult ($16.00)
2. The Shack by William P. Young ($14.99)
3. The Guernsey Literary Potato Peel and Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows ($14.00)
Mass Market Paperback Fiction
1. Hidden Currents by Christine Feehan ($7.99)
2. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult ($7.99)
3. Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich ($7.99)
Children's Books (Chapter Books)/Young Adult Fiction
1. L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad ($17.99)
2. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen ($19.99)
3. [Nonfiction Title]
4. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins ($17.99)
- Congrats to James Patterson and his co-writer in knocking Janet Evanovich off her perch after only a week. I love a little mix-up on the charts. Also, very cool that Brad Thor made the list bringing three entirely different genres to the list. I'm a little bit saddened that it's all genre fiction at the top of the charts (and not my beloved literary fiction), but what can you do?
- Amongst trade paperback, no changes from last week.
- Amongst mass market paperback, we have a new number one, which is the seventh book in the Drake Sisters series (all of which have made this list). Christine keeps putting them out and people keep snatching them up.
- No change from last week on the YA list, but I'll say it again: Lord help us all on the YA Fiction. Seriously? Lauren Conrad's book is #1. Shoot me if I ever mention wanting to read that.