Weekly Feature: Here's a run-down of what's hot at the book stores this week (according to the NY Times lists posted online on 8/7/09, print version 8/14/09):
1. The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson ($25.95)
2. The Defector by Daniel Silva ($26.95)
3. Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner ($26.99)
Trade Paperback Fiction
1. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger ($14.95)
2. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson ($14.95)
3. The Shack by William P. Young ($14.99)
Mass Market Paperback Fiction
1. Dean Koontz's Frankenstein: Dead and Alive by Dean Koontz ($9.99)
2. Smoke Screen by Sandra Brown ($9.99)
3. Mastered by Love by Stephanie Laurens ($7.99)
Children's Books (Chapter Books)/Young Adult Fiction
1. Daniel X: Watch the Skies by James Patterson and Ned Rust ($19.99)
2. L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad ($17.99)
3. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen ($19.99)
* No big surprises on the hardcover fiction list. (Actually, if you take a peek at the whole list, I thought #4 and #5 were interesting... but that's beyond the scope of this blog post.)
* No real changes on the trade paperback list this week. Larsson is holding steady on two of the major charts. (Too bad he's not around to see it. But you have to wonder if he'd be doing as well if he were still alive.)
* I've never read a Koontz book, but that title seemed awesome. I may have to check that out... $10 isn't bad for a book.
* I never thought I'd say this, but I'm so glad that James Patterson cranks out books because he has finally unseated Lauren Conrad. It is a joyous day and the angels are rejoicing in heaven. (Okay, maybe not on that one.) I may have to check this one out too... just to ensure that this non-LA Candy best seller phenomena lasts longer than a week.
Your Thoughts: Post in the comments and let me know which of these new books on our list seems most likely to be right up your alley.
A Little What... What - I love Napster credits. Below is my most recent investments (as illustrated via Wordle.net). [image: Wordle: Napster Credits]
5 years ago