Weekly Feature: Here is this week's run-down of the New York Times Best Sellers List (Online 9/20/09; Print Version 9/27/09)
1. The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks ($24.99)
2. South of Broad by Pat Conroy ($29.95)
3. The Help by Kathryn Stockett ($24.95)
Trade Paperback Fiction
1. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger ($14.95)
2. The Shack by William P. Young ($14.99)
3. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson ($14.95)
Mass Market Paperback Fiction
1. Scarpetta by Patricia Cornwell ($9.99)
2. Divine Justice by David Baldacci ($9.99)
3. 92 Pacific Boulevard by Debbie Macomber ($7.99)
Children's Books (Chapter Books)/Young Adult and Middle Grade Fiction
1. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins ($17.99)
2. Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins ($17.99)
3. [Elementary/Young Reader Book]
4. Tricks by Ellen Hopkins ($18.99)
* When I read the hardcover fiction list I was like, "WHAT?! No Dan Brown?" And then I realized that the Dan Brown juggernaut was unleashed on September 15, which means with the lag time of the NY Times, this won't show up until next week's list. Let's take bets on how many weeks it'll stay up top. I'm predicting four weeks at number one (because a lot of publishers were scared to release new books in the wake of The Lost Symbol).
* Don't you simply love the cover of that Nick Sparks book? (He makes me yearn for North Carolina. Hard.)
* There wasn't much change on the mass market list which sort of shocked the figurative pants off me. This list is usually flash-in-the-pan, but these three (although vying around for spots two and three) have found something worth reading.
Your Thoughts: Ante up on the wager regarding The Lost Symbol's dominance in the comments.
A Little What... What - I love Napster credits. Below is my most recent investments (as illustrated via Wordle.net). [image: Wordle: Napster Credits]
5 years ago