Saturday, September 10, 2011

Vibing on This Book

Yikes-o-rama, have I just finished reading the best book ever, or what? Literally. Just finished reading a true gem of YA genius and (I remind you, this is literal) jumped up off my bed to post this blog because the book is so stinking awesome. The book? Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway.

Trust me, I realize that I'm so painfully behind the times that this book is out in paperback and Benway has another book out that I haven't read yet, and everyone else in the entire world has already blogged on this book, but I still have to. Have to.

Because it's that good.

Think: (King Dork + Vinyl Princess) * 9,000,000 pounds of awesomeness. That is roughly the equivalent of Audrey, Wait! Trust me, you need to read this book. Now.

I've read two other YA books since my last blog post, but I'll refrain from mentioning them because, even though they were "cute", they didn't touch Notes From the Blender and they don't touch Audrey, Wait! Seriously.

By the way, and as a bit of an homage to the book, I feel compelled to tell you that, as I'm typing this up in a flurry of this-book-is-so-good-that-I-must-blog-before-I-lose-any-glimmer-of-the-joy-that-is-bursting-from-my-heart blogging, I'm listening to Weights & Measures by Hyland. Goodness all around on the album, especially records 4 and 5.

Enjoy the book(s) and music, fat cats.
(P.S. Did you notice that I didn't really tell you what the book was about? At all? Yeah, just trust me: you need to read it.)

No comments: